If you're a curly-haired person, you know the struggle of finding the right product that works for you. Curl cream is a popular choice for many people looking to enhance their natural curls, but it can be tricky to use. Here are some dos and don'ts to keep in mind when using curl cream:
- But first…damp hair: For the best results, apply curl cream to clean, damp hair. This will help the product penetrate your hair and define your curls.
- A little goes a long way: Start with a small amount and add more as needed.
Apply evenly: Make sure to distribute the curl cream evenly throughout your hair, from roots to ends. This will ensure that all of your curls are defined and frizz-free.
- Scrunch, scrunch, scrunch: To enhance your curls, scrunch your hair while applying the curl cream. This will help to define your curls and give them more bounce.
- Air dry, of course: After applying curl cream, let your hair air dry. This will help to prevent frizz and keep your curls defined.
- Too much product? Nuh-uh!: Using too much curl cream can weigh down your curls and make them look greasy. Start with a small amount and add more if needed.
Don’t you apply it to dry hair : Curl cream is designed to be applied to damp hair. Applying it to dry hair can result in a sticky, crunchy mess
- Brushing is a no no: Brushing or combing your curls after applying curl cream can disrupt the curl pattern and cause frizz. Brushes and combs are good to use BEFORE washing your hair to get knots out.
- Give your hair some space: Touching your hair too much after applying curl cream can cause frizz and disrupt your curl pattern. Once you've applied the product, try to avoid touching your hair as much as possible.
- No room for wrong products here: Not all curl creams are created equal. Make sure to choose a product that is specifically designed for your hair type and texture. Using the wrong product can result in lackluster curls and frizz.
By following these dos and don'ts, you can achieve perfectly defined, frizz-free curls that will leave you feeling bold and beautiful. Experiment with different curl creams to find the one that works best for your hair type and texture, and don't be afraid to ask for advice from a hairstylist or fellow curly-haired friend! With a little practice and patience, you can achieve the curls of your dreams!